Are you trying to decide between purchasing a swim spa or a hot tub? Both offer unique features and will provide years of relaxation and enjoyment, so it really depends on your specific needs and expectations. An experienced swim spa dealer in Sacramento should be able to help you determine which is right for you. Here are some things to consider.
What’s the difference between a hot tub and a swim spa?
Hot tubs, or spas, are small to moderately sized tubs filled with heated water that typically feature jets. They are primarily used for relaxation and hydrotherapy. Swim spas are moderately sized tubs that feature heated water and jets that create a current. They are also used for hydrotherapy and relaxation, but they are also an excellent option for exercise since you can swim in place against the current.
Deciding between buying a swim spa and a hot tub from a swim spa dealer in Sacramento requires thinking about a few things. What do you want to use your new swim spa or hot tub for? Are you simply looking for a way to relax? Then a hot tub may be the way to go. If you’re also interested getting a great workout, a swim spa is probably the better choice for you.
Here are some other factors to consider
- With a hot tub, you can relax and unwind after a hard day.
- Hot tubs that feature jets provide relief for sore muscles and minor injuries. They also offer a number of therapeutic benefits.
- With a swim spa, you can actually swim in place. This provides you with an excellent option for cardiovascular activity, without the cost and space that a swimming pool requires.
- Swim spas provide an excellent atmosphere for low impact cardio, and the water is gentle on the joints and muscles.
- Some swim spa models offer a separate seated area for relaxing, giving you the best of both worlds.
- Since swim spas are larger, they provide more of a fun space for children to enjoy.
Another consideration when choosing between a swim spa or hot tub is where you plan to place it. You’ll want to make sure you have enough space on your patio, deck or in your yard. If you have a deck, you’ll need to ensure that it is strong enough to support a swim spa or hot tub. If you have space constraints or want to place it indoors, a hot tub could be the better option. However, swim spas can also be placed indoors if space is available.
Budget is a factor when shopping for a swim spa or hot tub in Sacramento. Because there are so many options available, the price tag for a swim spa versus a hot tub can often be similar. You can choose from a variety of sizes and jet options for each, making it easy to find either a swim spa or hot tub that matches your budget.
To learn more about swim spas and hot tubs, drop by our showroom or give us a call today at 916-827-1772